Our "forever home"

Our "forever home"

Friday, February 18, 2011

"O" sayings 2-17-11

2/17/11

“O” has a cold - wet cough, runny nose, fever. Poor little thing, she wants me to carry her around everywhere. My upper body is getting quite the workout, but my lower back isn't too happy.

Daddy and “O” did some painting yesterday. Blaine had to put his paints on his own separate plate because the first day they painted together she wanted to mix all the colors, which really got to him. So, the next time she got to do what she wanted and he had his nicely separated paint colors .

“O” picks up on everything people say, and will even use an expression correctly after hearing it only once. She is a mirror to our actions (whether we like it or not!). Apparently I clear my throat a lot because she has started doing it. Also, Blaine says "big time" to emphasize the importance of something. Tonight in bed she was recapping her day and telling me about the doctor putting a q-tip up her nose to send out a sample to check for the Flu. It hurt and made her cry. So in bed she said, "the doctor picked my nose and my cry big time".

I also told her about when Julian was here a few years ago and fell on our cactus in the backyard, he cried and got hurt a bit. She talked about it several times in bed tonight. "Julian come and fall and hurt hisself on the cactus? Him cry?"

Last night was tough because she was feeling crummy with her cold and started saying that she wanted to go to mommy-Mika's house. We called Mika (for the first time since she moved in) and she started crying saying, "my wanna go to your house!". Oh! It broke my heart to see her so sad. It didn't really make me feel bad or jealous (I'm actually really happy and relieved that she was able to make such a close connection/attachment to Mika), but just felt bad for “O” and Mika. That must have been hard on Mika, too. We'll try to skype with them later in the week, hopefully when “O”'s feeling better and in a happy mood.

No work again tomorrow. This whole working 10 hours a week is pretty nice. Only a few weeks of it, though:)

1 comment:

If you choose "anonymous", leave your initials so I know who you are!