Our "forever home"

Our "forever home"

Friday, February 11, 2011

1st Sleepover February 2, 2011



2/2/11


Well, we had the sleepover, and I think it went pretty well. We had heard from Lori (therapist) that “O” was having a bad day on Wed, not eating, lethargic, and said she didn't want to come over (Mika/family had the "talk" with her the night before). When Mika brought her, she wanted her to stay, so Mika stayed for about 30 minutes. “O” seemed to relax. She even started calling Mika "Mika" after hearing me say something to her and using her name. She also still called her "mama" as well. She said goodbye fine, but didn't eat much dinner.



She kept asking when it was time to give me a bath (apparently she really liked bathing me the other night!). She repeated several times, YOUR bath, making it clear that she wasn't getting in and that she was going to bathe ME. I didn't argue or try to persuade her. It only took about 5 seconds of me sitting in the bath before she said, "my wanna come in!". After bathtime, she got weepy when I put on her PJ's saying, "my wanna sleep at Mommy-mikas!". I said, "i know, it's ok. do you feel scared?" She nodded 'yes', and I said, "you are safe here. Daddy-blaine and I love you and Dolly and Cash love you, and you are safe here. You will see mommy-mika in the morning for breakfast". I kept repeating that and hugged and kissed her. She seemed to calm down and then we read books on the couch with Blaine. She kissed him goodnight fine and we went into her room. I was in the room with her from 8:30-9:00. She wanted the door open (not like at home where it's closed) and wanted me in the bed with her. I layed next to her for a few minutes, then sat next to the bed caressing her hair and repeating to her that she was safe, and as soon as it was morning, she was going back to mommy-mika's. She wanted me to sleep in the room, but I told her that I would stay for awhile, and then sleep in my room. I asked her, "you know where my room is, right?" and she said excitedly, "yes! right through MY door!". I said that I would come and check on her several times, and that Dolly and Cash would check on her as well. She wanted blaine to come in for more kisses. And then I said I would sit on a pillow right outside her door where she could see me and keep checking on her. She said, "my no wanna sleep. My no wanna close my eyes". I said, "no, you don't have to close your eyes, you just need to stay lying down". I sat next to the door and from 9:00-9:35 she would say something, laugh, or ask me a question every few minutes. I either ignored her silliness or gave her short, boring answers and then said, "good night, "O", I love you". Finally, she was quiet at 9:35 and I got up from my post around 9:55. She slept through the night and got up and 7:30 pretty happy and excited. She ate some of her breakfast and was fine on the way home with Blaine.



A pretty successful 1st night! Our next one hopefully is Saturday night.



-joni

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you choose "anonymous", leave your initials so I know who you are!