Our "forever home"

Our "forever home"

Friday, February 11, 2011



2/10/11


Well, “O” came home today:) I picked her up at Mika's at 5:00pm. Daddy-blaine had a gig, but that was ok, we didn't want it to be a big emotional ordeal. The foster family was all out front playing with her and had her things in bags/boxes ready to go. She wanted to come to me and said, "my wanna go in your car". We loaded up her things (4 large bags, 1 little toy kitchen, 1 box...other things had already been brought to our house). She gave kisses to everyone and all of us adults acted very brave and held back tears as best we could. “O” was fine when I put her in the car. I rolled down her window so she could touch their hands and say goodbye again. Foster family's teenage daughter put her head in the car and kissed “O” again. O said, "why you crying?". Foster sister - "because I'm sad. I love you." Luckily I had sunglasses that I wore on the way home. “O” was happy and talkative the whole drive back.


She was very excited to see her new toys from the shower (she hadn't seen any of them yet. We decided opening presents would be too overwhelming, so we just organized and put toys away so that they'd be ready for her when she came home). She played in her new car out back while I fixed dinner . What normally would take me 10 minutes to make, took me about 30 minutes because I kept going outside to answer questions, play, or just see what she was doing.


Bathtime was a success! I found a bathtime doll that has a little hoodie towel, diapers, jammies, and a toilet. She bathed her instead of me! Bedtime was also pretty smooth. Books, looking at pictures in the hallway (naming everyone, oh, and Blaine has been calling Chris "Uncle Frodo". Sorry Chris). She did not ask me to sit by her door (yay!) and only called out with silliness a few times. I think she's actually asleep right now! phew!


When will it feel real?



-joni

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading all your posts about your time with O. I got very teary eyed at parts, and had a huge smile with laughs at other parts. She sounds like a wonderful little girl! Congratulations again!!! Thanks for sharing! it must be an amazing journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Joni! So so amazing! Thanks for sharing your emails! Im going to be in Phoenix in May and would love to see you guys! I'm so so happy for you!

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cried while reading this because I'm just so happy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete

If you choose "anonymous", leave your initials so I know who you are!