Our "forever home"

Our "forever home"

Friday, February 11, 2011

All day visit January 28, 2011

1/28/11

“O” was dropped off this morning at 8:30, so daddy-blaine was up early again! I got home at 12:30 for lunch and was with her the rest of the afternoon and took her home after dinner. Blaine said that she kept giving him kisses all morning. She screamed and ran to me when I got home, then asked if I was at work. When we asked her, "what does daddy-blaine do for work?" , she did the motions of playing a guitar and said, "you play gee-tar and sing alot".

“O” has an imaginary friend named "Blankie". Blankie seems to come out when she's in a happy, safe mood. I have noticed her talk to, or about, him when she's in a good mood, playing well, and feeling particularly confident. Today he was at the park with us and I pushed him on the swing. She also carried on a conversation with him as we walked to the slides, couldn't quite hear what she was saying, though.

Sometimes she makes up words to answer questions. Or I think she's not sure how to say something, or what it's called, but she knows she needs to say something. Her hair was blowing in her face while on the swing, and I told her we needed to get her a headband. Somehow later, she said she needed a "wedger". Even as a speech therapist, I couldn't make the connection between those two! But on the way home, we got stuck in a bottleneck due to an accident. I rolled down her window part way and we could hear the cars. A car was right next to us playing Rap music really loudly. She said, "that blaine singing?". I said, "no, that's rap music, Blaine doesn't sing rap"..."what does him sing?"..."folk, or Americana"..."ohhhhh..Meri-pocket". yes...Blaine sings Meri-pocket.

She made 2 friends at the park today and they played up in their "treehouse" at the top of the slide. They baked cakes and went in and out of the "door" of their house. That's who is in one of the pictures.

I did get a few out of the blue "I love you"'s today Although when daddy-Blaine was taking a nap, she kept asking when he was going to wake up. I love it!

-joni

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you choose "anonymous", leave your initials so I know who you are!