Our "forever home"

Our "forever home"

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Swim Lessons 6/9/11






“O” started swimming lessons on Monday and is doing so well! She was already fearless at our pool, so I wasn't really concerned. The first day I took her and she was actually quite nervous and shy. She barely put her face under water and got very tense when the teacher tried to hold her for floating on her back. She stuck her legs straight up into the air instead of relaxing into a "starfish". I wondered if I had signed her up for a level that was too advanced (especially since the only other girl was already practically doing laps). Blaine took her on Tuesday and Wednesday and so when I took her today I was amazed at how much she had improved! She was kicking and actually propelling herself forward underwater, was able to do "bobs" (bounce up and down in the water), and put her head underwater to grab a ring! She is the "shrimp" level. Next level is "Ducks", but that may not be until next summer:)




joni

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you choose "anonymous", leave your initials so I know who you are!