Our "forever home"

Our "forever home"

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Dance class 5/1/11

“O” had her "big performance" for her last dance class (the 4th class of a month-long class, and it was just that the teacher let us in the room to see the songs they've been practicing.) Les (grandfather) came and she was thrilled. I have her signed up for the next month with the same teacher. I was surprised at how much she knew and could sing along, because it seemed like during most of the classes she was only on task half the time. It was painful at times to be the parent watching in through the door and seeing my child test the teacher. Oh well, 1st dance/recreational experience should be a positive one I guess. I don't want to turn into a crazy "pageant mom".


Some funny “O” sayings:


-We were on our walk today and and she saw the front grill of a BMW and said, "that car is mad!" If you've ever paid attention to how they look, she's right. And so then we named emotions for other cars . . . lots of cars look mad, but some do really seem happy, with the front grill wide as if showing teeth. I pointed out a VW Bug, which has round headlights (big open eyes) and the hood looks like a smile to me. So I said, "that car is happy!", and she said, "no, surprised!" . Which, again, with the "wide eyes" she is right.


- I asked her when Blankie's birthday is, and figuring she'd say October 5 (her birthday, and the only date she knows), she said "October 3". What a little smarty pants! Oh, and Blankie is only 1 year old. I thought he was much older.


- I asked her what shape birthday cake she wants, "...a cupcake shape? A bunny, or turtle?" and she says, "No, a cricket". Always thinking outside the box! And then she decided on a "dolly cake".


- she said that cupboards smell like "mushrooms", which is quite descriptive, I think, of what something dark and damp might smell like.



-joni

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you choose "anonymous", leave your initials so I know who you are!