Our "forever home"

Our "forever home"

Thursday, March 24, 2011

"Now my live here"...3/23/11

In the last couple of days, “O” has been saying (without prompting) that "When my was a little girl, mommy-mika take care of me. But now my a big girl, and my live here. Mommy and daddy take care of me now." And then we follow it up with..."And are you going anywhere else after this? No!!! This is your forever home!" She smiles really big.

We met up with her bio grandparents today at a park in Phoenix. We had met them one other time at the CPS office. This was a more fun and relaxing place. She did pretty well. She was excited to see them, it had been 6 weeks. Her grandpa is very old, and told Blaine that he will "try to hold on until the adoption is finalized" (meaning, he wants to be alive long enough to see it through and know that she is forever and finally safe). They teared up several times today, always thanking us and expressing how grateful they are. We told them we feel just as blessed.

Blaine is trying to teach “O” some lyrics to a song that was inspired by her "sayings". When she wants to have something, or have more of something, she'll say "just a little bit". So, he wrote a song entitled "Just a little bit". The left column has the correct lyrics, the right column is what “O” sings:

Give me just a little bit...................gimme just a little bit

I don't need a lot ...........................no my need a lot

Open up your heart........................open up your heart

and show me what you got.............show me what you got

sugar tastes sweet........................sugar is sweet

coffee in the pot............................coffee in the coffee maker

hahahaha! It's so cute when she sings. She also walks around singing "rusted!" from "Busted and Rusted". Oh, and "hallelula!!" all day long.

I just enrolled her in "Itty Bitty Dance Combo" (singing and dancing) and Beginning Gymnastics through the Chandler Parks and Recreation dept. They are 4 week long classes starting in April (mon/thursdays). She is so excited!

-joni

1 comment:

If you choose "anonymous", leave your initials so I know who you are!