Our "forever home"

Our "forever home"

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

CERTIFIED!







We are officially certified to be adoptive parents. It's amazing the classes, paperwork, home requirements that are necessary to adopt! I had to go out and buy a shepherd's crook today for the pool. I still need to find a life saving ring and rope. These things are not cheap! Anyway, we had our make-up class tonight with a group of people we didn't know. Blaine had to make up class #8, and since I'm such a great wife I went with him even though I didn't need to make it up. This way we were both presented with our certificates at the same time (but notice the different dates of them:)


It's been an interesting journey so far. It's made us have some good conversations about discipline, rules, hobbies, activities, expectations, etc. of our family+ kids.


Next step...wait for a call to say there's a child available!

3 comments:

  1. YAY! Congratulations for making it this far! You've done so much already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. I think anyone who wants to be a parent should have to go through what you guys did. I'm just waiting on word from you and then it's baby shower planning time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi you two!
    It looks like you've done a ton of work and everything is as perfect as it could be. I wish you the best and hope your wait isn't too long.
    lots of love,
    Tanje

    ReplyDelete

If you choose "anonymous", leave your initials so I know who you are!